I started working life with British Gas, left to have kids, then had many part time jobs (including admin in a housing association, telesales and long hours as a carer) before retraining as a counsellor.
I was then employed by MIND as a counsellor, hearing about living with mental health difficulties and working with people to find ways to make their lives easier.
I created and ran courses to manage anxiety, depression and anger as well as leading a weekly mindfulness group.
I have been an outreach counsellor for CAMHS (NHS Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services) and have worked with local secondary schools with groups of young people to give them tools to cope with bereavement, anger, anxiety and low self confidence.
“It has helped with me not getting angry.” F (age 11)
I have run training courses on managing stress for local colleges, Police, Ambulance and Fire services.
Currently I have a private counselling practice and volunteer as a counsellor at Off The Record, Havant.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Counselling Level 1, 2 and 3 (2012)
- Integrative Counselling (University of Greenwich) (2014)
- The treatment of addiction (2014)
- Domestic Abuse (2014)
- Sexual Issues and Sexual Abuse (2014)
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) (2015)
- “It’s not me… it’s my OCD” (2015)
- Trauma Recovery and Post Traumatic Growth (2015)
- Rewind Technique for phobias and trauma (2016)
- “Creative Play” (2017)
- Ongoing evening and one day courses for working with young people (2013 – present)
- Voluntary work counselling young people aged 11-25 at Off The Record, Havant (2013 – present)
British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
Hampshire Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (HACP)