Like many people I have done a variety of things during my life and hope to bring a wealth of experience to make our sessions interesting and, hopefully, have a bit of fun along the way.
I have worked for MIND as a counsellor, hearing about living with mental health difficulties and working with people to find ways to make their lives easier. I created and ran courses to manage anxiety, depression and anger as well as leading a weekly mindfulness group.
I have been a counsellor for young people with CAMHS (NHS Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services) and have worked with groups in schools teaching tools to cope with bereavement, anger, anxiety and low self confidence.
“It has helped with me not getting angry.” F (age 11)
I have also run training courses on managing stress and maintaining good mental health for local colleges, Police, Ambulance and Fire services.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Integrative Counselling (University of Greenwich) (2014)
- The treatment of addiction
- Domestic Abuse
- Sexual Issues and Sexual Abuse
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- “It’s not me… it’s my OCD”
- Trauma Recovery and Post Traumatic Growth
- Rewind Technique for phobias and trauma
- “Creative Play”
- Counselling young people aged 11-25 at Off The Record, Havant (2013 – 2018)
British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
Hampshire Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (HACP)